What's new

Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Undergraduate Scholarship 2017

miguelabella

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I just want to ask, are the applications out yet? I keep checking the embassy's website but there aren't any updates... I'm considering if I should call, just in case.
Hi! How did you pass the documents screening part? Please share your experience

EggPawn

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! Sorry for bumping this thread again but I have this small question that's been quite bothering me for a while now and I didn't really want to make a whole new thread to ask it x3

So... I'm from Tunisia and I'll be aplpying for this year's undergrad MEXT if they don't suspend it for the 3rd year ( I really can't understand why that happened the past 2 years .-. ) and I'd like to choose game design and stuff related to that as a major.
From what I've seen, this major isn't mentioned in the application guide so my guess is that it goes under the "other"s list under "Social Sciences and Humanities". Am I right?
One thing I'm sure of is that there are universities that do offer this major and do accept MEXT applicants ( such as kyoto university which has a character design and even manga courses ) and I remember reading somewhere last year that a girl from my country was selected a few years ago and is studying game design.

And lastly I'm thankful for all the helpful information I found in this thread :D

Jaxis

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I have the hard copy of the MEXT undergraduate papers with answers from 2006 to 2015. Since i failed the admission stage, if anyone wants, I can send over the stack as long as you pay for half of the printing and shipping fees. Its not the complete set coz i only printed the more important papers; maths, physics and chemistry. You can email me @netakoinetakoi@gmail.com

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm from Philippines. And i'm applying for MEXT 2018. What are their qualifications on your documents? Is there are people who failed in the document screening? I need answers :( thanks in advance! :)

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm from Philippines. And i'm applying for MEXT 2018. What are their qualifications on your documents? Is there are people who failed in the document screening? I need answers :( thanks in advance! :)

Javiera

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be applying too! I live in Chile so luckily there won't be much competition on the test. I'm in junior high school (3rd year out of 4) So I'm gonna need a letter from my principal saying he promises I'll graduate hahaha. Either way I'm very excited and I hope to see you all next year in fricking Japan! 😄
Really? I'm from Chile too! But I think I'll apply next year haha

JeSsIcAc

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a high school student from Canada. There are still 2 more years until I can apply for the undergraduate scholarship but I thought it would be better if I know about some questions I have beforehand. I also plan to choose a major that is science related.
1. When do you have to graduate from high school in order to be eligible to sign up? I plan on graduating a semester early which is near the end of January for me. So say if I sign up for the 2018 scholarship, can I still sign up even though I graduate January 2018?
2. I can't really practice for the exams yet since I haven't learned everything in school but I heard the math exam is really hard? What are some good ways to prepare for the exams? (other than doing previous exams) or is that the only way?
3. I've studied Japanese for several years now and I believe I can get N2 or maybe N1 by the time I graduate high school. Will that increase the chances for me to be chosen?

Kristelle

後輩
Reaction score
hi i'm also from Ph. do you pass your documents? undergrad?

Kristelle

後輩
Reaction score
Guys can somebody please provide help on how to pass the documents screening part? I am really scared cause the applications will start this summer. I am expected to graduate at March 2018, and I will not possess a certificate of enrollment of a university and the certificate of university entrance examination passage. In your case what did you do? How did you pass your documents?? Please help
hey I'm also from Ph and I've already passed my documents, did you passed your documents before may 26?

Kess

Registered
Reaction score
undergraduate po ba inapplyan mo? kelan exam at kelan ka po inemail?
Opo undergraduate, walang specific date kelan. Ngayon ko lang na receive ang email. Baka mayroon ka na rin, i-check mo sa email mo

Kristelle

後輩
Reaction score
Opo undergraduate, walang specific date kelan. Ngayon ko lang na receive ang email. Baka mayroon ka na rin, i-check mo sa email mo
and sad naman wala pa kasi sakin eh :( anyways, goodluck po! :) <3

Pasian

[̲̅p̲̅][̲̅m̲̅][̲̅s̲̅]
Reaction score
Hi guys. Am from Africa, Zambia.. I just submitted my application for the 2018 mext scholarship. I want to ask if the first screening exams are Advanced level (A level) or Ordinary level (O level) Exams??
If they are either of the two levels, does anyone in this thread have any past question papers for zambians or just related to zambian exams?? Please I need those things.
If necessary you can email me on pasiantemusonda.pmk@gmail.com

sameerb1

Registered
Reaction score
It seems that the results from the 2016 Monbukagakusho Scholarship are mostly in and since no one else has started this thread yet, I thought I would do the honors. I will be applying for the MEXT Undergrad Scholarship in March. The conversations I saw in the 2016 and 2015 undergraduate threads were very helpful so I thought the tradition could continue here. Seeing how this is my first time applying for this scholarship, I, and probably others, would like to know any information you have to offer about the application experience, tests, and interview.
Hi rw2masayume I have applied for the monbukagakusho scholarship 2017-2018 for the college of technology and I am really nervous about the examination can you please send me the previous year questions.
My email: baisoyasameer2@gmail.com

DavidAhm

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm from Saudi Arabia
So ... I just passed the document screening and they appointed an exam date for me and it's like after weeks.
Does anyone from where should I study for the exam and what subjects does it include ?
Please help , really want to study in Japan.

Kingler

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello co-applicants. MEXT is just new to me, can anyone explain to me how it works? Or any link that will make me understand it. Thank you.

Yunhoralka

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!
I've done some research on the applicaton process and everything I need to know, but there's still one thing that's bothering me.
Do they take your high school grades into account? I've heard people say they do, but I've also heard people say they got several Ds in high school and still managed to get the scholarship. So what's the truth? Should I be worried if my grades are average at best?

I'm gonna be applying for social sciences and my grades from such subjects are straight As. However, I get Cs from actual science related subjects such as chemistry or physics. Will they take this into consideration? I mean, if I'm not gonna study chemistry it shouldn't be a problem if I got bad grades, right?
They don't say anything about grades on my country's embassy site, but I saw that you have to write your grades into the application papers. I hope someone can clarify this for me.
Thanks!

TeoTao

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone !
I would like to apply to the Monbukagakusho scholarship next year and go for Social Sciences and Humanities and I was wondering which of the Math Exams I have to take. Is it Math A or Math B?

Thank you in advance for answering and I would love to hear more about the application process and selection ^^