What's new

MEXT Scholarship through University Recommendation

J.K.

後輩
Reaction score
Yes, on last march, because it was required.
If the university said that y're already accepted as a student in master or doctorate program, I think you don't need to take the exam.
So tough that you had to go in person to take the exam. But now worth it :emoji_grinning:
I am not sure if the university take me as doctoral student, but "doctoral program" is shown on the certificate of acceptance.

Amiyuko

後輩
Reaction score
So tough that you had to go in person to take the exam. But now worth it :emoji_grinning:
I am not sure if the university take me as doctoral student, but "doctoral program" is shown on the certificate of acceptance.
'
I am sure you're a doctoral student then. Congratulation!

paria

Kouhai
Reaction score
Dear all,

Could you please tell me in detail about the procedure to apply for MEXT scholarship through University Recommendation:

1. When is the deadline for the application this year?
2. Is there any way to find out how many slots (to enroll as a research/Phd student) are allocated for each university (each department) each year?
3. After submitting the documents (and along with the MEXT selection process), should we take an interview and the entrance exam or just one of them? (How the interview and the entrance exam will conduct? Are they email-base?)
4. What is the difference between general recommendation and special recommendation and with which one have the most chance (the number of acceptance for each)?
5. What are the PGP(Priority Graduate Program) and G30(General category)?
6. What is the student-exchange agreement?

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Zar'Roc

Registered
Reaction score
If i am applying for university recommended can I ask multiple universities if they are going to nominate me. I do know that multiple universities cant nominate you but, my problem is I dont know if a particular university will nominate me. So can i ask multiple universities if they nominate me and if I can get a university to nominate me I will stick to it. But if two universities nominate can i just decline one of the nominations.

tomoni

先輩
Reaction score
Universities will nominate you, only after they’ve excepted you into their program. Depending on the University they may have a certain number of self paying in a certain number of students they nominate. You can ask the program directly in the application process.

Sometimes a professor may accept you, and then the number of accepted people are then chosen among for the number of recommended scholarships that are available. It really depends on the institution and the number of scholarships that they have been allotted by MEXT, however around the same time most universities need to make their decision.

Hope that helps