What's new

sneat

Kouhai
Reaction score
hey, welcome to the waiting gang!
my interview has me a bit worried too

but still hoping for the best for everyone really!

sneat

Kouhai
Reaction score
Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

asoww

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just wanna say, don't hold your breath for the next couple of days.
Here's what a candidate told me (he received an email last Thursday) :

"Dear 2020 MEXT Scholarship Candidate,
Due to administrative discussions taking place in Japan, notice regarding the status of 2020 MEXT scholarship applications, which we had intended to send in mid- to late July, are delayed. We expect that we can send notices by mid- to late August.
Thank you for your patience.”
A friend who is a current MEXT student has a friend currently applying from a different country as me and he said they also have the same delay."

Also, I called my embassy. They confirmed that the delay will last longer than they intended. And they are still waiting for a sign from the Japanese government. Either way, the date to which you have to send the Letters OF Acceptance will probably be delayed as well, to fit the timing of the Japanese gov. However, since the Japanese unis have to get ready on their side as well, it will not be left unresolved past August.
Let's hang in there lol

TranSenz

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hi all,

I heard there was a cut in the number of slots for the University Recommended MEXT Scholarship for this year as well, with very late notice (after universities had told candidates they were being nominated). At least they're trying to get the number decided earlier in the application process for the Embassy, it seems.

With Japan implementing free preschool this year and free university next year (for qualified income brackets), plus hosting the Rugby World Cup and Olympics in back to back years ("Sports" is the first "S" in "MEXT/MECSST"), I have a worried suspicion that budgets are going to be tight.

Here's hoping that the numbers come out better than expected. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Good Luck to all!

sneat

Kouhai
Reaction score
Thanks for the information guys.
I also called my embassy yesterday, they have no clue regarding when the emails will be sent. They advised they are still waiting on the ministry.

Guess ill just stop worrying for now lol

Olya777

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone's thoughts after reading Transenz'es message: "Why is this happening in the year I am applying?"

xanport

Kouhai
Reaction score
I have been watching other forums for MEXT 2020 and applicants are getting verrrrry anxious...

alchie

Kouhai
Reaction score
I had a negative response. I applied for the Japanese studies and I spent months writing my research plan. I have a high advanced level of Japanese (N1 - exam which I took without much studying). And today I was announced that I didn't make it. And it makes myself wonder how on earth is is possible for a person who has N3 level and who has written her research plan two days prior to applying to get selected for the second screening??? There is something fishy about the way they selectedd people this year in my country. Because the well prepared people didn't make it. Only ones with inferior level. It's really unfair. T_T

Anyway congrats to everyone who made it!

Last edited:

xanport

Kouhai
Reaction score
I had a negative response. I applied for the Japanese studies and I spent months writing my research plan. I have a high advanced level of Japanese (N1 - exam which I took without much studying). And today I was announced that I didn't make it. And it makes myself wonder how on earth is is possible for a person who has N3 level and who has written her research plan two days prior to applying to get selected for the second screening??? There is something fishy about the way they selectedd people this year in my country. Because the well prepared people didn't make it. Only ones with inferior level. It's really unfair. T_T

Oh no! I'm so sorry you did not make it this year):
Did your embassy/consulate provide you with an explanation or reason? I've heard they usually don't but maybe they will if you plan on applying next year. I would want to know why all that hard work was not accepted!!

sneat

Kouhai
Reaction score

☹ sorry about your results.

That does sound unfair and odd given its Japanese Studies. I do hope you apply again. dont give up!

asoww

Kouhai
Reaction score

I am sorry for you. I think you might want to try next year. I heard that there are poeple who got it after a 2nd and 3rd try.
I hope you'll get some answers as of why you did not get it this year though.

alchie

Kouhai
Reaction score
Oh no! I'm so sorry you did not make it this year):
Did your embassy/consulate provide you with an explanation or reason? I've heard they usually don't but maybe they will if you plan on applying next year. I would want to know why all that hard work was not accepted!!
Thanks for your message!
I know other two persons who were accepted and their level is around N3-N2 and they both spent one day to write their research plan. So I guess that's what I should do next time. LoL