What's new

MEXT Scholarship (Research/Graduate students) 2018

Quingueni

後輩
Reaction score
Thanks God, I got the embassy e-mail Today. all the best guys! we are going! JAPAN 2018

suny

Kouhai
Reaction score
hey every body....

The long wait is over for me too !!! thankfully I got the scholarship and will start my studies soon in Japan ....

Hope every one gets the good news soon....
bests
suny

Quingueni

後輩
Reaction score
hey every body....

The long wait is over for me too !!! thankfully I got the scholarship and will start my studies soon in Japan ....

Hope every one gets the good news soon....
bests
suny
amen

ZinWai

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone studying public health master degree?
I am worried about the entrance examination :emoji_grinning:

SayuKami21

Kouhai
Reaction score
^ The entrance examination is different for every university and every graduate school, please name your university to see if someone is going to the same department as you and could help you

Robinn Teoh

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Robinn from Malaysia and I have been accepted by MEXT for the doctorate program in Hokkaido University under the Veterinary Faculty. My departure date will be on April as well, so very stoked to meet everyone who got accepted!

Wiem

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was accepted as a MEXT research student in the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology (IST). Anyone else with me? The university has contacted me about dorms and it seems we have priority for Komaba lounge, but it's an hour away on the subway. Anyone else facing the same choice and what will you do about housing? The deadline for this is soon and I am not sure whether to fill the form or look for something outside. Thanks!

StevieFinn

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats everyone!
I'm from the UK and STILL waiting to hear back from the embassy..
The wait is literally driving me insane.
Anyone else from the UK heard back yet :s?
EDIT: I'm a post grad applicant, applied to Bunka Gakuen (Tokyo) for Clothing Science (Global Fashion Concentration)
xo

Last edited:

Kanimoni

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I also received an email from my Embassy saying that I got accepted!! I’m going to the Graduate School of International Culture and Communication in Waseda University!
I haven’t received any information about dormitories, but I just sent an email asking about it.
I can’t wait!!
Everyone, I hope you receive yours soon!! Hang in there!

Tom48

後輩
Reaction score
Congrats everyone!
I'm from the UK and STILL waiting to hear back from the embassy..
The wait is literally driving me insane.
Anyone else from the UK heard back yet :s?
EDIT: I'm a post grad applicant, applied to Bunka Gakuen (Tokyo) for Clothing Science (Global Fashion Concentration)
xo
Hey Stevie, I'm also a UK jin who's heard nothing from the embassy yet!

I remember they said it would be December or January back when I gave in my LOAs so surely it'll be soon?!
I'll be a research student doing economic history at the Kyoto Graduate School of Economics (hopefully)

StevieFinn

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Stevie, I'm also a UK jin who's heard nothing from the embassy yet!

I remember they said it would be December or January back when I gave in my LOAs so surely it'll be soon?!
I'll be a research student doing economic history at the Kyoto Graduate School of Economics (hopefully)
Hey Tom!
I'm so glad you replied haha, I wondered if maybe i'd been unsuccessful..
Glad to hear from a fellow UK candidate!
Yeah.. on the embassy guidelines it also says "late December - January"..
Its just such a painful wait - its all I think about!!!
Wishing you the best.. and i'll report back when I find out!!
Ste x

Tom48

後輩
Reaction score
Hey Tom!
Ste x
good to hear from you too! I think we've 99% been successful, just would be nice if they could confirm it.
My supervisor at Kyoto actually emailed me back in early December to say I've passed the secondary screening - if you contact your university/supervisor they could probably tell you you've passed (they would know before the embassy). I'll let you know when I hear back from the embassy as well!

Lennon1234

Registered
Reaction score
good to hear from you too! I think we've 99% been successful, just would be nice if they could confirm it.
My supervisor at Kyoto actually emailed me back in early December to say I've passed the secondary screening - if you contact your university/supervisor they could probably tell you you've passed (they would know before the embassy). I'll let you know when I hear back from the embassy as well!
I'm from the UK also - reassuring to hear I'm not the only one still waiting! I'm sure we will receive the email over the next few days. Until then, best of luck!

Andrik

Kouhai
Reaction score
Anyone here from Canada or applying for University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences waiting on results?

ni-no-san

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hi. I've been lurking in this thread since the application process has started but it's my first time to post.

I'm just wondering if there's a fellow Philippine applicant here who's heard from the Embassy? I'm wondering if I failed the final screening since I haven't received any news yet. :(

Gen23@07

後輩
Reaction score
Hi. I've been lurking in this thread since the application process has started but it's my first time to post.

I'm just wondering if there's a fellow Philippine applicant here who's heard from the Embassy? I'm wondering if I failed the final screening since I haven't received any news yet. :emoji_frowning2:
Hi Ni-no-san! We have a Whatsapp group, and have friends from Phillippines, they have received emails regarding their confirmation from embassy. I would suggest you to call your embassy once and confirm the information.
Best Wishes!

Gen23@07

後輩
Reaction score
And sorry for the delay, but for an update, India received the news of confirmation of MEXT scholarship and university placement on and after 26th December 2017.
Hope everyone waiting gets their results soon!

Tom48

後輩
Reaction score
Hey Tom!
Ste x
just got my confirmation from the embassy guys!

Tom48

後輩
Reaction score
ME TOO!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking forwards to seeing y'all at the Orientation!!!
Congrats!! Looking forward to meeting you all in March - I better have a look at that 'study plan' for the presentation (10-15mins seems a bit long eh?)!

Also there's a MEXT 2018 WhatsApp group if you want to join - think the link's back a couple of pages on this thread

StevieFinn

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!! Looking forward to meeting you all in March - I better have a look at that 'study plan' for the presentation (10-15mins seems a bit long eh?)!

Also there's a MEXT 2018 WhatsApp group if you want to join - think the link's back a couple of pages on this thread
Yes it'll be great!
Hmmm yes, that should be interesting haha.. you're right, 10-15 mins IS long :p
Ahh fab, i'll have a look for it, ty ^_^

hxcpanda

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hi, 2017 MEXT Scholar here. Congrats to everyone getting their notifications from the embassy! My name is Drew.

I know this is a long shot but if anyone here is coming to Tsukuba University in April, I am currently looking for someone to share my apartment with. It's a 2DK literally across the street from campus. Rent split in half equally is 21000 yen monthly plus utilities. That comes to less than the Global Village dormitories' rent and instead of four roommates plus yourself sharing a toilet, shower, and kitchen, you'd just have me. It may also be more appealing than the coin showers in the private dormitories like Hirasuna and Ichinoya. Also, moving to an apartment usually costs about three months' worth of rent in the beginning, but I'm willing to shoulder those costs on my end; you'd be responsible only for rent, utility bills, and personal apartment items such as a bed. The only catch is there will be a dog so you must like/be OK with dogs. As the dog is coming from a shelter I do not yet know what kind it will be, but the apartment contract limit specifies up to 10kg so it will not be very big. Additionally, I don't expect you to care for the dog in any way so consider it a bonus that you get to play with a dog with none of the responsibilities!

A little bit about me: 27 years old in February, male (but do not care about your gender if you're interested in rooming together), as I wrote above I got the MEXT scholarship last year, and will be starting the Master's program in Japanese Language Education at Tsukuba. from the USA and can speak both English and Japanese with little problem. Very clean(!!) and wear headphones most of the time so also quiet.

If any of this sounds interesting to you and you want more information like a floor plan and pictures of the inside of the apartment, more information about me etc., please feel free to email me at drewspain12(at)gmail(dot)com!

Edit: if someone could maybe spread this to the Whatsapp group as well that would be greatly appreciated! I have no intentions of joining the group obviously as it's not for me. :)

Last edited: