What's new

Favourite Japanese movie

Rin Go

Kouhai
Reaction score
All Hayao Miyazaki's movies are awesome :3!
I also watch horror movies, they really scared me :s

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

hanamizu

後輩
Reaction score
I think each Japanese director has own unique taste.
I personally like Hayao's and Shunji Iwai's, especially All about Lily Chou Chou.

and movies that have Aoi Yu ~~~ my favourite girl <3

Tabibito

Registered
Reaction score
All About Lily Chou-Chou is my all time favourite. Almost every frame is beautiful, especially those in the rice fields! The soundtrack is absolutely stunning too! Departures (おくりびと) is also a favourite of mine, so is Heavenly Forest (ただ、君を愛してる).

All very beautiful films!

Jacky1

Kouhai
Reaction score
My favorites are Tampopo and Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl. Food, shelter and clothing are the three main needs of the life, as Tampopo teaches us the life's lesson to alive in this world. Like how they run business of ramen.

Dotanbatan

先輩
Reaction score
My favorites are Tampopo and Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl. Food, shelter and clothing are the three main needs of the life, as Tampopo teaches us the life's lesson to alive in this world. Like how they run business of ramen.

tonka2

Kouhai
Reaction score
I have a soft spot for Tokyo Sonata. It's like the American Beauty of the Japanese family.

Kasia05

後輩
Reaction score
Hard to say what my fave is especially as I've got a few at home I haven't had time to watch yet. So far I like a lot of Kitano's films espec' Kikujiro and Sonatine. Both beautifully shot. I also like My neighbour Totoro a lot and Princess Mononoke, need to see more Miyazaki films I think!

BillMad

Kouhai
Reaction score
Ringu and Ringu 2.

Also Battle Royale and Casshern <===== (Introduced me to j-cinema, never have I ever seen people "talking out" their feelings as I have in this).

ardhi.adhary

Kouhai
Reaction score
The best horror : JUON (I'm not brave enough to watch it again, even now) :nailbiting:
The best anime : Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited away) 👍
The best drama : Ima ai ni Yukimasu (Be with you) :cry:
The best action : Kouga Ninpouchou Basilisk (Shinobi - Heart under Blade) :punch:

yuk

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, anyone know these two movies?

1. about a lady reporter fascinated by esp, ufo, monsters etc. when she working in a studio and was task to search and film for extraordinary men. There these group of men that have esp and will meet every year during Christmas and these men help her fulfill her task.

2. About a i think it a death angle and he is a men. who ever see him that mean this person is dying soon. this angle loves to listen to songs. then there this helpdesk young lady saw him but can't remember why she didn't die until old age and this lady last wish before death is to cut the villagers hair before death.

Love these two movie very much, been searching for it for very long time but can't remember the titles. Thanks for helping.

ianchan

Kouhai
Reaction score
I have two. Hands down Princess Mononoke or Castle in the Sky. Really any Miyazaki movie to be honest.
Funny too cause I'm really not an animation fan.

Kazekawa

Teacher/Entertainer
Reaction score
Battle Royale for it's intensity followed by Parasite Eve for how it changed my life.

Anton~

Registered
Reaction score
I'm more of an animation fan, and I absolutely love Tekkonkinkreet. Pretty much all of Miyazaki's movies as well, but mainly Princess Mononoke and Nausicää.

Bunkerhill

Kouhai
Reaction score
My two favorite Japanese movies are Tampopo and Kikujiro.

These are among two of my all time favorite movies. Hard to believe Kikijiro came out 17 years ago. Some much time has passed.

I watched a gem of a film recently named ' Sweet Bean ' directed by Naomi Kawase. Really enjoyed it and will watch it again.

It's frustrating how few Japanese movies are available on Amazon Prime or Netflix. I'm still trying to figure out how to obtain / watch all of the Midnight Diner series.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Not sure how you ended up with 854. Just a search in English using the phrase ' Japanese Movie ' and I have 263 results.
By going to Amazon Japan and not searching in English....